Re: 1.816V to 2.016V Driving Impressions (long)

Shannon Fenton wrote:

> Overall I am very happy with the swap. The motor is more flexable,
> easier to drive and seems to have better throttle response. There is more
> power throughout most of the RPM range. However, it does not seem to be
> some night and day monster VTEC killer. I drove a '00 Civic Si last night
> and it would have ate me for lunch. The new Si is no joke of a car.

I should have had you drive my car when you were down for the show, and vice
versa, for comparison's sake.  My comments about the 2.0 would generally
echo yours, especially the part about the biggest improvement being driving
around town at low speeds - the motor just has grunt down low that a 1.8
could never hope to, making it MUCH more pleasant to drive in city
traffic.

I don't know if it's your 17's or what (I'm on 15's), but I've raced
door-to-door with my neighbor in his Type R (real one, not badge-
engineered!) and we were dead even to about 65 mph, when we had to shut
down.. on 2 separate runs. Beyond that he'd have probably killed me, 'cause
that thing can really scream once fully wound up.  But based on that I'd
expect you to able to handle an Si.

If I can pull a couple o' grand out of my ass somehow, I've now got
a hankerin' to do cams and headwork.. stopped by Ron Wood's place
the other day, he can ship a core head off to Collin at TT for some
top-o-the-line attention, toss in cams, and maybe the TT downpipe/cat
(I currently have a TT exhaust but a generic cat that's probably
choking the damn thing) and then I can have some REAL fun..  :D

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0