1.816V to 2.016V Driving Impressions (long)

All,

    Well the 2.0 now has 2800mi on it and I thought I would let you know how much of a seat of the pants difference can be felt. At first I was very disappointed with the power, this must have been due to breaking in period. The motor seems more and more awake by the day now. The most noticable difference is not under full thorttle but around town. The car is a dream (as much a VW sprts coupe can be that is) to drive in traffic and cruising around 20-40mph. The 1.8 was constantly unhappy with these speeds and rev ranges, i was always changing gears to keep from deafening myslef with the noise or lugging the motor. The 2.0 happily plods along at 2000 in 4th without lugging the motor in the least. Pulling up steep hills at 40mph in 4th is not working the motor hard at all. The 1.8 used to struggle up the same hills.
    Off the line power seems to be the same, I cant feel much of a difference in the snap. I havnt dumped the clutch yet so I cant be sure. My 17's take away alot from from off the line launch. The 1.8 was not able to turn my '17 Toyos over without a severe 2300 clutch drop. The 2.0 seems to have a little more potential. The WOT power band seems to begin around 2100 rpm and pulls very strong to 6K where for some reason I am hitting a wall. This really pisses me off since my 1.8 would smack the rev limiter in 1st to 3rd. I think this may be a mixture problem. But the power band feels meaty and linear up until that point. It doesnt seem to spin up as fast as what the 1.8 used to so I feel as though it isnt making as much power but I raced a somewhat stock looking 1.8 on the way to work this morning for a couple of stoplights. He seemed to get me off the line but I could pull past him in 1st and continue pulling on him through 3rd gear. I kind of raced DavidBs 1.8 in CA from a rolling start at 15-20mph and pulled on him in every gear. When I say "pulled on him" I dont mean blew his doors off but visably pulled past him. David any comments?
    Overall I am very happy with the swap. The motor is more flexable, easier to drive and seems to have better throttle response. There is more power throughout most of the RPM range. However, it does not seem to be some night and day monster VTEC killer. I drove a '00 Civic Si last night and it would have ate me for lunch. The new Si is no joke of a car. But Ill let you all know more when I finaly really start beating on it.

Old Motor
1.8 with 217K
TT straight pipe exhaust
Intake cam