Re: Octane question.

There was a good article in European car some months ago about RON vs.
Octane.  Basiclly RON is a higher # than octane.  A friend explained it to me
like this:  If you''ve got a scirocco it's a pretty good bet it isn't new,
and gas has definately improved since say 1988.  He told me that using super
was a waste of money.  As I'm writing this I'm remembering who told me this.
He was a mechanic and a gas station owner, so he should want me to buy super.
 I actualy alternate between 89 and Super and my car runs and sounds great.

Brian

88Scirocco 16V