Re: [non-Rocco] Oily spark plugs

--- Wojciech Galecki <galecki@umr.edu> wrote:

> 	While changing the spark plugs in my sister's Audi
> 4000 ('85 4cyl.
> auto) I noticed that three of the old four plugs
> came out with oil around
> the base. Does anyone know what this means? Also,
> there is a small pool of
> oil on the interior "cupped" part of the intake
> manifold. I checked the
> valve cover gasket and there are no leaks there,
> what else could be causing
> this??
>
> tia,
>

> ___Wojciech Galecki___
> '84 8v Scirocco
>

> --
> Email problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org  To
> unsubscibe send

This is typical of high mileage engines, and sometimes
new or recently overhauled engines. This may be caused
by leaky rings, valve guides, a plugged PCV valve or a
bad fuel pump diaphragm. You can run hotter spark
plugs to temporarily relieve the problem.
Unfortunately the engine is probably in need of work.

Jorel Jackson
87 16 v
85 8v