Re: antena amplifier

At 11:47 AM 7/26/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi again
>
>First off my fuba antena is toasted the previous owner
>cut it an unsuccsefully soddered an end to fit an
>aftermarket radio.  I tried on several occasions to
>get a decent sodder with no luck now the line is too
>short.  And yes I know the cable is co-ax.  So I bough
>an antena that sticks to the glass and have it behind
>my drivers side rear window(tinted so it doesn't show
>too bad)  but it doesn't come in all that great.  Do
>they sell fm antena amplifiers and do they work.  Or
>does anyone have any other ideas?

Yes, and (in my experience, anyway) no, in that order.  I bought one from
Radio Shack, and could tell no difference at all.  A better unit may work
better, of course.

Have you tried soldering a coax connector (I think it's an RG-59) to both
ends of the wire and hooking them together with a barrel adapter?  It makes
for a big splice, but it beats yanking the headliner down.

Carl Lee