antena amplifier

Hi again

First off my fuba antena is toasted the previous owner
cut it an unsuccsefully soddered an end to fit an
aftermarket radio.  I tried on several occasions to
get a decent sodder with no luck now the line is too
short.  And yes I know the cable is co-ax.  So I bough
an antena that sticks to the glass and have it behind
my drivers side rear window(tinted so it doesn't show
too bad)  but it doesn't come in all that great.  Do
they sell fm antena amplifiers and do they work.  Or
does anyone have any other ideas?  I am not ripping
down the headliner to repace a fuba.  I tied stuffing
an antena into the fender well and that didn't work
any better than the glass one.  Ideas  anyone???