RE: hungarian Scirocco meeting

> >one local car club organized a race. 4 different events slalom, sprint
> >with stopping exactly on finis line (big fun), elements and auto-x.
>
> slalom - time

Yep, and it adds a lot of fun if the cones are not in a line.
In our case they where put down in U shaped.

> sprint with stopping - time (but what about distance penalty?)

You have to figure it out. In our case it was 50cm over was 10sec of
penalty, but as the distance was 300m and it took us about 12 sec
to cover it then it was a bit ridiculous, so maybe like 3 or 5 sec would
be better.
Every additional 50 cm was additional 10 sec.
Everybody got 2 runs.

> elements - what's this?

Well, I do not know how to name it, but it was a trac where you first had
to do little slalom, then turn around in a limited area (Circle, see the
pics),
the you had to reverse to the box (like when you do your driving license),
then again turn to another box in limited area and then reverse back out
from there in the limited area. Then keeping it reverse do a slalom in
reverse
and then turn your car around and stop on the finish line so that the finish
line is between your front and rear tires. This was the hardest part, I
covered
it within 58 seconds but somebody played there 2.5 minutes! :)
Penalities: Every touch of the cone was 10 seconds every missed element
was 30 seconds.

> auto-x - i have seen Doug racing auto-x (he showed the video) but is it
> different to the slalom? Or the slalom is only one line and auto-x has
> corners too?

In autox you make a track from the cones to the ground, something like
6-10 corners some straight places and then you have to cover it as quick
as possible. without touching a cones.
Penalties again every cone gave you 10 seconds. But as the track was only
300 meters we covered it within 30 seconds.

> yes, please add details where needed

Done, need more - hit reply.

> >or if you want to see the pics of the event go to address:
> >http://www.hot.ee/mux/af2000/
> >You can even see me changing the tire of my car over there.
> >We'd a tire changing contest over there too, I changed the tire of
> >my roc within 2 minutes and 22seconds. Beat me! :) (BTW it's a Hint!)
>
> good idea again
> what was the starting? were tools at hand or in trunk and have to
> find them?

Start from a line you drive 10 meters to the box area, stop the engine
(Hint, leave the gear on) you run open the rear hach, put down the wheels
stoppers, take the lifter and key, lift your car up take the wheel (Front,
left)
but it to the trunk, hands off the wheel, then grab your wheel again,
install it
back let your car back down, all the keys, lifter and stoppers go back to
the
trunk, close it and start your car and driver another 10 meters to the
finish line.

Lauri!