Re: airbox hose

In a message dated 7/20/00 8:19:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kcollins1@socal.rr.com writes:

<< Obviously this will
 draw in hot air when the car is sitting still, perhaps it's not an issue
 when moving?  Any opinions/advice - should I replace the thing??

I would replace it.  Mine was removed on my car.  In the middle of the summer
with the a/c on I would have very bad stumbling and hesitation and very poor
acceleration threw 1st and second gear.  Then I realized that the cooling fan
was blowing the hot air from the radiator directly into the airbox.  I
replaced the hose and connected it to where it should be and problem was
solved. Later

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html