Re: hi + gauge question

>My 88 16V has a shift light(not that it's ever worked) and a 140MPH spedo.
>The odometer has 140 on it but it works for a 100 miles and then stops for
>two weeks so I would say I have at least 150.  Anyway enjoy your rocco, Im
>new to the list myself(Northern Del)

This is a rather common problem unfortunately.  There's a fix described
on Jans VW site (see link on scirocco.org).  It's usually one of
two things:  The plastic gear at the end of the odometer numeral shaft
is cracked and slipping, or just slipping.  In the latter case, you
can disassemble the speedo (as detailed on Jans site) and rough up
the shaft a bit for added grip to fix the slippage.  That's worked
for me several times actually on different speedos.

good luck with this, it is very fixable by you (like 90% of car problems).

==Brett