Re: What's wrong with my 2.0 16V??LONG

Me thinks it may be the valve cover gasket that's blown instead (wild
guess).  Are your plugs soiled (oil)?  Do you have oil in your air filter?
I know everyone says oil in the air filter is common to the VW, but I'd
NEVER had oil in my air filter until my valve cover gasket took a dive and
let the bad oil monster eat my poor filter and plugs =(  not to mention
soiling the throttle body and PCV.  Not nice.   Car was intermittently
sluggish, then shot out the gate like a bat out of hell, then back to being
sluggish again, sounded like an old Beetle, and basically sucked a** to
drive.  Pulled my plugs one day and had gobs of oil dripping from them.  Had
the car towed to mechanic and he fix it good :)

Odd thing tho'...after I got the gasket replaced, the car was back to it's
old spry self, but it sounded....well....a bit deeper on the growl and
revved a bit on the high side.  Took it back and the mechanic said he
remembered me asking way back when what it would be like to advance the
timing a bit, so he did it while he had my engine open and thought nothing
of it.  I liked the sound, but the revving wasn't my cup o' tea...so he set
it back.   Good gas mileage tho'.

Anyhoo, just my buck fitty.....

Steph