Re: 16v-Low Oil Pressure

Benjamin Harder wrote:

> Do others have this experience?

> BTW, I run 15W50 Mobile 1 synth.

On my 2-liter 16V, my pressure actually seems a bit on the high side.  I very
nearly peg the gauge at 150 psi at startup.  By about 3 miles or so it's
gradually falling.  At 180 degrees oil temp, it's somewhere around 75 psi.
Once I've been on the road a while and the oil temp is up around 200 or
slightly over, it settles into the 60-65 psi range.  If it's particularly
warm outside (which it hasn't been yet at ALL out here where I'm at yet
this year) then it will run at 40-45.  Also running Mobil 1 15W-50.  This
is definitely higher than what you're reading, and I'm kinda concerned about
the pressure being so high at startup.. ??

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0