Oil sender unit

I have a 80 rocco and i just changed a leaky oil sender unit. both of them.
the one on the side of the engine and the one on top of the oil filter, are
both of these the same unit? After i changed that and reconnected the wires.
my oil warning light keeps coming on. now i checked my oil and stuff, and
have plenty. could it be a faulty switch? or did i mix up both units? the
one i have on the oil filter side is black and the one i have on the block
is white. also my temperture sensor is also leaking. how much do these run
for? i heard it was about 20 bucks (Ouch). does anybody have couple working
ones for sale?

Thanks
Wing