Claudia is back in business!

Hello all,
	Just thought I'd celebrate that my GTI is back in business, with a
new frame rail and floor, head (with G-grind cam), poly front and rear
motor mounts and complete exhaust from the head back
(modified dual outlet manifold, custom dual downpipe, 2" mandrel bent into
some cheapo performance muffler). It still needs a front crossmember weld,
the other floor (which will include the frame rail), an O2 sensor and
frequency valve, and fuel pressure accumulator (I'm told I actually need
this part to smooth out the pulses in the fuel pressure - true?) for her
to be perfect, but practically everything else on the whole car is new
(though most of it not original - hehe),
and I'm psyched - she feels good. Should be a bit faster, but that's
probably because of the fuel stuff : )
	She passed inspection and I'm driving her and because I now have a
real job, those other things will probably actually get fixed soon,
especially since I'll have to pass inspection in MA come October, which
includes emissions and is just generally more stringent than NH.
	Oh yeah and I finally relayed the headlights (Hella XtraVisions).
Anybody who hasn't, should. Even though I've done all the huge grounding
straps, etc, my headlights would still make my voltage drop a lot, and
when the car was idling and I'd put my turn signals on, the headlights
would dim in time with the turn signals. The brake lights would do it too.
All of that is gone, and my headlight switch doesn't get hot, and they're
brighter! Do it now! (Lots of people have been telling me this for a LONG
time - do I listen? No.)
	-Josiah

'84 GTi
http://bork.hampshire.edu/josiah