Re: AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well, i just did this also and mine is now working fine.  Maybe you didnt
get the splines lined up right but if not, the trans should not have
bolted up right.  I got my kit from Mark also for the 020 16v.  The
alignment tool seemed like it was a little smaller than the size of the
mainshaft, so it may have been an 8v alignment tool, i dont know.  I did
put some tape around the part that goes inside the splines so it would fit
better, and it seemed to work just fine.  The car is now running just
sorting out a little noise while driving.
hth, hope you get it going,

Eric Person
86.5 16v