Clunking up front...CV's goin?

Hello everyone...I need some help.   I have been experiencing some clunking
in the front of the car when i take off at a light,  and also braking
(nearing the stop position). I was wondering if its what I think it is.  I
looked at my cv boot....and it has a small tear in it.  From what I have
experienced in the past...a small hole in the cv-boot might as well be a big
one...because the grease comes out,  and dirt goes in.

Sooo...anyone have a drivers side cv joint/drive axle assembly they can part
with?  If not...the assembly runs like 320 smackers brand new (Ouchie).

By the way..its a 16v car....so I believe they are 100mm chumpies.

Thanks everyone...

Joe Maahs