Re: Re-Eng o'heat etc.

On Sat, 15 Jul 2000 19:43:34 -0400 "Julie Macfarlane"
<juliemac@telenet.net> writes:
> I took out the thermostat and the lower hose now heats up. I'm about
> to go for a test drive & see how it runs. Wish me luck!
> The oil pressure gauge is not responding. Could the senor be bad?
It's possible, but I've never had a gauge sensor go bad before.
I'd sort that out before you drive it...

> Where would it be? I see a temp sensor on the top of the oil filter and

> another "thingy" closer to the engine side. Is that it?

Yeah that's it... A can type sensor that is screwed into the side of the
head.
Check the wire going to that sensor, it has probably slipped out of the
terminal.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI
'84 Scirocco, '80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V