Brakes still sticking!

I recently put vented disks and Mintex pads on my 85 8v (it had solids)
and had  the pass. side caliper rebuilt. When I drove a fair amount the
brakes would heat up and start to stick. I got new calipers cheap(
$35cdn each) so I put them on . No difference.When they are sticking,
the pedal travel is very little.If I stop for 20 minutes then drive
again, the pedal travel is much farther (but not mushy).Could this
problem be the pistons in the master cylinder don't return,  therefore
the calipers don't move back enough? Anyone had this problem? what else
could it be?
John