Re: FS: '81

At 6:02 PM -0400 7/14/00, thescirocco@juno.com wrote:

>I'd rather see Jim get this than that red 16V Shitrocco. 8^)

LOL!

Well, even though I've only driven my car across the street twice, a
grand total of 100', maybe, I have to be amazed at how much worked.
BIG thanks to Brian Honnold for his help on doing the wiring.....

(and you too Brett, geez.....)

BTW, for those who care :) the engine IS running.  I learned to
solder on this swap, and probably the first thing I had done was
patch in a new O2 sensor.

Badly, as it turned out.  Replaced it last weekend, and when I went
to cut the wiring harness off again, one wire just fell off....

Did a much better job the 2nd time, got the car running, hooked up a
multimeter to the DPR, and got the fuel mixture dialed in per
Bentley, woo hoo!

It still has a bit of a stumble, so I think it just needs some timing
tweeking now....

| Jim Jarrett                      http://www2.rpa.net/~jarrett |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net                                        |