Re: engine storage

I have about 10 VW i-4 motors in storage, and they're all sitting on old
tires.  The tire cushions the oil pan and generally keeps it from
scratching in the floor if you need to move the motor around (by dragging
the tire.)  This works on wood and concrete just fine for me.

Drew

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Aaron Ness wrote:

> I have someone coming Sunday to pick up the body from my '84.  He's not
> interested in the wheels or the drivetrain, so I'm pulling those tomorrow.
>
> How can I safely store the engine, short of buying an engine stand?  Is
> there a safe way to prop it up?  If I set it down on the oil pan, will it
> crush the pan?
>
> My plan is to eventually swap it into my '82, but I don't have time right
> now.
>
> TIA!
> Aaron
> '82 Scirocco
> '84 Scirocco
> '70 Bug - Hibernating
> '87 Jeep Cherokee 4.0

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca