Re: Anyone have the MkI auxillary gas tank? Know anything about them?

I used to have some literature on this.  It was not really intended for a gas A1 chassis.  The info I had on it said it was for a diesel Rabbit. Only diesel.  No reference was made to gas.   Have you ever seen a rabbit with its spare tire mounted to the bumper in between the tail lights?  That rabbit probably had the extra tank installed.  The external tire mount was part of the orginal installation kit.
Dave
85 Scirocco GTX