cooling issues

I have both the factory temp gauge and an aftermarket VDO temp gauge on my Rocco, and 160 degrees on the VDO barely gets the factory gauge off of it's rest- 200 degrees on the VDO ( a rare site on my rocc, with low temp thermostat, new antifreeze and low temp fan switch) will put the factory gauge right close to half way. It seems to me that the VW engines run hotter, based on this info. since I have made these mods to my cooling system, my rocc has NEVER seen over half factory gauge. and my car has new senders for both gauges, in case you were wondering....

now tell my my Carat overheats all the time. it has new fan switch and coolant, thermostat is next. waterpump to follow. if that does not do it......
Ken N.
1986 Jetta GLI 8V (TOTALLED 6/30/00)
1989 Jetta Carat 8V
1985 Scirocco Wolfsburg 8V (Up On Jackstands)
1985 Mercury Capri 5.8L, FOR SALE MAKE OFFER
http://www.mindspring.com/~farmracer/slidehawk.htm