power in the morning

Hey all.  Since I don't drive my car often I notice everything.  In the
morning when I do drive (once every 2-3 weeks) my car is lacking  power.  It
seems as though it is not getting enough gas, but fuel pump is working just
fine.  Today was the second time it has done this.  The problem is that in
the afternoon when I leave work it runs like a top.  I just changed the
distributor cap, and was thinking that I should replace the plug wires next
since they must be getting damp with the high humidity the the DC metro
area.  Anyone else have a thought.  I just want to cover all bases since I
am getting ready for the BIG FEST on the 30th.  See you all there with my
new power steering boot, and a better running morning car.  Again, it does
not do it every morning.

Thanks
Rob
88 16v