what else to do to a 1.7?

So that I've offically scrapped the 16v transplant (rebuilt the motor
and sold it) in my '81 and am going do a homebrew turbo system
from 8vturbo.com  But while I'm gathering and fabricating the
various bit to turbocharge, I want to see how much more I can get
out of my 1.7 naturally aspirated. It's already got the GTI big valve
head and all...so I'm thinking a wild cam and better exhaust, i don't
mind dropping a little cash to make it more fun. What's a good
profile of solid lifter cam to go with? As for exhaust, is Techtonics
pretty much the best for flow and sound? Any experience with
Eurosport or even a Leistritz exhaust?
                   Kris Rayner
                  1989 GTI 16V
    1981 VW Scirocco S - Soon to be a 16V :)-
     "I do nothing in moderation but work."
               -Charles Dickens
        http://www.fix.net/~trzracing/web/