Re: Scirocco Rice

Marie Laugesen wrote:

> I think the rice term originated with the Erebuni-style bodykits.

Actually just before getting to this message I was pondering that very
question.  My recollection was back to the early 70's when I was in
high school.. the guys riding American-made bikes referred to the japanese
bikes as "rice rockets", and I even recall some reference to "rice grinders"
and similar when referring to cars.  So the term has definitely been around
for some time.

I think a lot of people over-react when they see/hear it, tying it to some
kind of racial issue, which IMHO it's not at all...

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0