Re: Scirocco Rice

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000 07:58:18 -0700 "Marie Laugesen" <marie@blaze.ca>
writes:

>One word:  "rice"  and why would one want to turn a car as beautiful as
the
>Scirocco into something hideously ugly as a riced out honda civic?

Although I think those particular spoilers are beyond the realm of
unattractive, id hardly call it "Rice".

>There aren't that many 'roccos left in this world and we should preserve
and
>beautify the ones that are left, not rice them out to look tacky like
>all the hondas out there.

Ive seen quite a few Honda's that were very sharp looking, not to mention
FAST as hell. Just because its made in Japan doesn't condemn it from ever
being a quality contender. I detect a high level of prejudice here and it
really bothers me. Not in the way that im really burnt out on hearing
about, race issues, none of that. Im talking about being prejudice
against a car brand for no other reason than its something to do. You
really force yourself to miss out on some real quality stuff that's going
on in the Honda camp right now. They got a 1.5L Civic running in the high
8's! If that don't deserve respect then I don't know what does.

There is no shame in admiring another brand of car. Loyalty is what's
parked in the driveway!

Anyways, not intended to be a lecture at all. Im just trying to pry your
eyes open a wee little to see the beauty that's out there. XOXOXOXOXOX!

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!