Re: Audi 2.0 that's in the 924

I don't know how similar the 924 engine is to the other engines listed,
but as far as I know the 2.0 in the 924 is a pretty pathetic engine for
modifying.  European Car did a series on it a few years ago to try and
get 924 turbo power out of the basic engine with simple bolt-on goodies.
The normal things (exhaust, cam, etc) yielded only a few HP increase, and
it took something like a new head and carbs to get decent power out of
it.  It seemed that the engine just isn't worth trying to modify.  The
articles were titled something along the lines of "the Yellow Bellied Sap
Sucker"...

I don't know if anyone else has heard anything different or not, but
there are much better ways of getting power to your VW (if that's what
you want to use it for).

B.

'82 Scirocco (a.k.a. "Fritz")
'85 Jetta