Re: Tough situation- car is in trouble(long)

Rich,

Damn man, i cant believe that!  I also think that you should hunt around for
a clean mk1 or another mk2 16v for a transplant, or just fix yours.  I cant
really justify your desision because i didn't really notice the crack and
cant coprehend how something that minor could lead to such a rash decision.
It sounds to me like you are saying that because of one stupid problem that
you want to trash the car.  It definaytly isn't in a "part out" type of
condition!!!  And PLEASE DON'T quit the list!  There are tons of people on
the list that don't even have rocco's.  Im shure that you have become good
friends with some of us, i know i was looking forward to the caravan to
cincy again next year with you, Peter, Jan, and Doug! Next year we would all
be in our own cars too, i think :) I know that you probably have big ass
payments on the gti now, but you could keep the rocco as a project car ;)  I
really hope that my first trip to cincy and my first time seeing your car
wont be the last time i see your car :(, even if i see your car in a new
skin!  I don't mean to sound like an ass about this, but i know you have
rocco blood in you Rich, you cant let it die :(

Jason Arms (Essex, VT)

'87 Scirocco 16v
'64 Sunroof Beetle (livin a new life)
'84 Rabbit GTI RIP