High idle and fan.

Has anyone been able to figure out what causes the high Idle when the A/C is
turned on besides the idle switch on the throttle body.  I feel my idle
switch is working because when the A/c is off it Idles fine at 900 rpm.  I
put the a/c on and it idles fine at 1000rpm.  but sometimes I come to a light
and it will then idle at 1800 rpm and I have to cycle the a/c off then on the
get the idle to drop or I have to turn the steering wheel back and forth that
works too sometimes, thats why i think it is something other than the idle
switch , any ideas?

This might be related to above.  Sometimes my A/c is not that cold. It does
have a full freon charge and when it works it is ice cold.  It seems to cut
off on hard acceleration sometimes.  I have narrowed it down to the radiator
fan.  Seems like when the fan is on it is ice cold and when the fan is off it
is not cold.  And its seems that when the radiator fan is on the idle is fine
but when the idle is high the fan will not be on and the A/c will not be that
cold. hmmmmmm, Oh and the coolant temp is normal there is no overheating
going on it just with the A/C.  Thanks for any ideas. peace

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html