RE: Non-roc: Rabbit Elect Q's

>I love you too, and I do have a Bentley for '85 Roccos and later. But....
>How close to the Rocco is the wiring etc of the GTI?

Color codes are "similar" at best!

How close is a fish to an elephant? ;)

I am assuming that a
>GTI is a wanabe Rocco (just hatched)...

Not even. The Rabbit ('81-'84) is a botched attempt at American engineering
on a German car.

>Hows this. I found an old reg card under the seat. It was for 43 Reid St in
>another town (25 miles away), I live at 34 Reid St.... Go figure...

Hmmm this sounds kinda scary...

>It also has a foreign licence plate (found under the seat)that was riveted
>at some time to the car.

>From where? US?

>The bumpers are steel, are these the Euro Bumpers?

Are you sure they are steel and not aluminum? Every American Rabbit I have
seen built after '81 came with aluminum bumpers. Euro Rabbit bumpers have a
plastic cover similar to '78-'81 Sciroccos.

HTH

>Julie Macfarlane
>'81 Scirocco (Mom)
>'83 Rabid GTI (Baby)