Re: Non-roc: Rabbit Elect Q's

Julie Macfarlane wrote:

I love you, Get a Bentley.

> 1) There is also a piece of rubber hose attached to the throttle body that
> goes no where, it is to the right of the air adjuster..
> 2) On the throttle body is a microswitch. The wires are broken. When the 2nd
> butterfly valve opens it throws this switch. What does it do?

This the full throttle microswitch. Uh, I think it disables the
frequency valve on the fuel dist when you mash it, effectively cutting
the O2 sensor circuit under certain conditions.

> 3) I can't get the electric oil pressure meter to read. What should I check
> for?
>
> God protect us from PO's.....
>
> Julie Macfarlane

There is a test for the sender, if it's not putting out you can just
swap it. On the other hand if you send 12v to the gauge you should see
some movement. Also, one of the biggest problems in having proper
grounds for the second half of the circuit.

hth ,
TBerk