Re-routing AC in Mk.1

	Has anyone been able to successfully get the vent and/or particularly the
AC to blow from the driver's side vent in a Mk.1?  Were you able to do this
without resultant leaks or brain surgeon confounding manipulations of the
vacuum lines?  I'd like to hear a success story before plunging into the
HVAC quagmire.  On my particular car, an '81,  I never seem to get any
airflow out of that vent, hot or cold.  There is clearly a tube going toward
the center console but what it's doing I have no idea.  Any input is
appreciated.  Thx, benton----