Re: non-roc:Chipping a Passat 1.8T

According to EC the Turbo Beetle put out 180hp on the dyno.  Their
conclusion was that the beetle had the Audi TT chip on board and were going
to report further when they had more info.  So far no word.  But owning both
the 1.8T Passat and Turbo Beetle, I can tell you that the beetle is much
faster and I mean MUCH.  The weight difference is only about 150lbs. and
would probably not account for that big a difference.  Also the Passat is an
automatic but I always drive it with the tiptronic.  Not sure if not having
a clutch would account for the difference either.

BTW, Shannon, how much did the chip cost and does it mess with the warranty?

- Jan Folkson

'86 16V
'99 Passat 1.8T
'00 Beetle GLX 1.8T