Re: identifying marks, enigine/Tranny..

On the bottom of the bellhousing you will find a flat machined surface,
probably 1x2 inches or so...   the code will be stamped into this surface,
along with some sort of date code I never bothered to learn to read.  So, it
will look something like - FF123456 where the first two (sometimes three)
letters/numbers are the tranny code.

HTH

John

lots of stuff