Re: book on fuel injection

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, smiley pie wrote:

> I was at the book store and found a book called: maintaing and modifying the
> Bosh fuel injection. Has any one ever read it? Is it a worthy read for
> non-mechanics?

I have "How to Tune & Modify Bosch Fuel Injection", by Ben Watson. It's a
reasonable supplement to the Bentley manual, at least for my '86 8V. Since
it covers everything from D-Jetronic to KE-Jetronic (CIS-E) (and a small
piece on the Motronic system) only about a quarter of the book is really
relevant to my car. If you want to learn more about your fuel-injection
system, I'd say it's okay. As I recall, Bentley publishes a book on Bosch
fuel-injection as well, as does Bosch, I think. Not sure how this
compares...

-Oliver

Oliver Seiler -- Software Developer, Pivotal Software, http://www.pivotal.com
    Scirocco MkII Diary - http://erisian.com/~oseiler/scirocco/index.html