Re: non-roc:Chipping a Passat 1.8T

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000 00:24:35 EST Testastrega@aol.com writes:

> Put the garret chip in my roomates 1.8T today. Job took all of 5
minutes for
> 47hp. The car hauls major ASS! I was getting groceries (yeah right) and
raced
> a older Mitsu Eclipse turbo....hehe..I smoke his ass through every
gear! Wish
> I could just plug in 47hp in the damn roc....

The 1.8T motor has 150 hp stock.  150+47=197.  The Mitsubishi Eclipse has
(I think) 190 or 195 hp and is a lighter car (unless the AWD system adds
significant weight, but it also provides better traction).  The way I see
it, the Eclipse should have won.  What am I missing?  Torque curve of the
new turbo motor, perhaps?

-Timothy A. Reed, Esq.
t.a.reed.esq@juno.com
Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the
Lord.
Romans 12:11