Re: new stuff from eiptuning

--- Scott Rose <slash@inlink.com> wrote:
> I just got off the phone with eip tuning.  I found
> out that they are
> working on an a1 turbo kit for all cars in that
> chassis.  It will in clude
> the turbo, maniflod, wastegate and blowoff valve.
> The only thing required is plumbing.  They're also
> working on a downpipe to
> go with that.
> 	The kit estimate is $1495.  not too bad for a
> starter kit.
> I've also figured out what I'm going to do for hp.
> I'm ging to go with the
> 2.1 conversion that they sell.  output of close to
> 200 hp.
>
> Scott
> 88 red 16v
>

> --

Good luck with them. I did but most have not. I would
not go back there again if I still lived in that area.
In my experience with them they had problems with the
small details. Forgetting to put small things back
that on the surface seem ok but really hurt later. (ie
a cover plate between the engine and trans. allowed my
clutch to get junk in there and it only lasted 30,000
miles.) Also I would not trust their time estimates.
Double it at least.

Just my $.02

=====
mark hausler