Deceleration Buzzing sound

Sorry for the non-Scirocco question.
I have an 87 Jetta GLI with 1.8L 8V
(same as late model 8V Scirocco?)

I get a buzzing sound from one of the relay's
in the fuse box during deceleration, or
sometimes during shifting. This does not
seem to affect performance or make the car
stumble though. Does this sound like the fuel
pump relay could dying? Is it the same relay
the CIS cars use? I've never had this happen
with my CIS cars, is this possibly a CIS-E
problem?
Has anyone experienced this before?
With all the rain I have not had a chance to
crawl under the dash to find the culprit yet,
so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Randy B.
Cosmos 81 Scirocco S - soon to be 2.0L 16V
Mars 81 Scirocco S - t t 1847cc
Tornado 87 Jetta GLI - "bumble bee"