paint - advice?

I took another step closer to getting my car painted today.  I brought this
up a couple of months ago but put it off at the time.. now it's gonna happen.

The shop where I will likely have it painted wants to paint it with the body
kit in place.  ANY comments on the pros and cons of this are most welcomed.
Also any other advice from those of you who have "been there done that" would
be most welcomed.  Cost is not going to be a factor, my budget for the job
is gonna be about $5k - I want it done right!  A fair chunk of that is going
to be for exterior pieces - I'm replacing everything, including f+r euro
bumpers, grille, euro headlights, taillights, side mouldings, door handles,
ADPs, wiper arms, window seals.. the whole 9 inches.  The stuff I swap out
will be up for sale as soon as the project is complete.

Any input/suggestions/warnings etc. most welcomed.  My goal is to have
the cleanest 16V in California, in time for ND.  Interior will be next...

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0