RE: More starting problems

> I've had a problem with my '85 ever since I bought it
> almost a year ago.  The problem is the way the starter
> operates.  Sometimes it will turn over just fine, but a lot
> of times it will b-a-r-e-l-e-y turn over for 2-3
> revolutions, THEN crank at normals speed.  I've installed a
> couple of different (used) starters over the past year, and
> that at first would seem to cure the problem, then within a
> day or two it'd go back to it's usual ways so I'm pretty
> convinced that the starter's not the problem.
>
> Any thoughts?  Positive and / or negative battery cable?
> I'm guessing it's not the battery itself as the symptom
> persists in all seasons, and it will sometimes crank just
> fine.

Had same problem last year, but I replaced battery positive
cable from battery to starter, and voila nuncas problemos
any more.

So most probably cabling. It's cheapo to repair the cable costs
5$ or so.

Lauri!
'84 1.8 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added nothing new to my site!