Re: esoteric part??

Timothy A Reed wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Jan 2000 21:53:56 EST VeeWdriver@aol.com writes:
>
> > Ummmmmm...I'm kind of confused by your message...if it's an 82 then  it
>
> > shouldn't have an "in tank" pump, only the one outside the tank.
>
> Well, there is something back near the tank that opertates when the
> ignition is switched on.  I haven't looked.

OK, I was wrong in thinking an 82 had both pumps. Oops.

> >  As  far as  the "mechanical fuel pump" between the fuel filter and the
> block...are you
> > talking about  <snip>
>
> > I guess we really need more information to really help you...
>
> I'll try.  The peice in question is a small (3 or 4 inches in length),
> rectangular shaped box attached (or very nearly so) to the side of the
> block.  The fuel line flows from the filter through the "airflow
> sensor/fuel distributor" you mentioned to this things and from it back to
> the "airflow sensor/fuel distributor" and from there to the
> block/cylinders.
>
> -Timothy A. Reed, Esq.

This sounds like the pressure regulator. It is bolted to the front of
the block and has a line coming in and going out. It is _not_ a pump of
any sort.

Hey Tim, we all want to help. Let's start over with the new info we all
settled on- As i understand it your car won't run, it is not getting any
gas and a mechanic has verified this. Now what?

TBerk