Re: esoteric part??

On Sat, 22 Jan 2000 21:53:56 EST VeeWdriver@aol.com writes:

> Ummmmmm...I'm kind of confused by your message...if it's an 82 then  it

> shouldn't have an "in tank" pump, only the one outside the tank.

Well, there is something back near the tank that opertates when the
ignition is switched on.  I haven't looked.

>  As  far as  the "mechanical fuel pump" between the fuel filter and the
block...are you
> talking about  <snip>

> I guess we really need more information to really help you...

I'll try.  The peice in question is a small (3 or 4 inches in length),
rectangular shaped box attached (or very nearly so) to the side of the
block.  The fuel line flows from the filter through the "airflow
sensor/fuel distributor" you mentioned to this things and from it back to
the "airflow sensor/fuel distributor" and from there to the
block/cylinders.

-Timothy A. Reed, Esq.
t.a.reed.esq@juno.com
Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the
Lord.
Romans 12:11