fuel enrichment tech questions

Hello,

I'm looking once again for fuel enrichment for a 1.8
liter 16v scirocco.  I've been pleased with the TT
clone supplied by Brian Honnold of the list, but after
driving it for some time, would like to have an RPM
sensing device for the new car.  I know that at least
one person on the list is developing such a device,
but I forget who. . . I'd like to know how that is
coming along and perhaps where it has dead ended so I
can continue or contribute to the efforts.

I'd like to make sure I'm on the right track though. .
. to my understanding, an ideal fuel enrichment module
would sense full throttle (full throttle switch) and
engine RPM.  If full throttle and a pre-determined RPM
is reached, it would either interrupt the current
coming from the temp. sender to trick the computer
into thinking the engine was cold. . . or it would
send a pre-determined current to the differential
pressure regualor to enrich the mixture.

Several questions. . . are these the only 2 variables
that need to be monitered?  Or are there other things
that would make the unit more efficient.

bone-head question.  . . What's the easiest way to
moniter engine RPM?

What is the standard range of current that goes the
the differential pressure regulator and what is a good
starting point for enrichment for a 1.8l engine?

Would changing to Motronic solve all of these problems
and make the car run better?  How difficult is this
swap?

How does the Autotech module work, and can it be
cloned for under $150.00?

Knowledge would be appreciated,
'Chung

'88 16v "Viking Woman"