Re: MK naming convention

--- Randy B <scirokn81@email.msn.com> wrote:
> It would be nice if there were a chart showing all
> the
> changes from 74-92 from interior to exterior and
> even
> all the engine combo's.
> I found out the hard way that the carpeting for the
> rear
> wheel wells is different and the rear seats are
> different
> between the pre 78 and the 79-81 models.
> I owned a 1977 that had the wraparound front
> indicator
> lenses.

If you did it was modified by the PO. 1978 was the
change. I know, because I was there.

 At least I think that is what it said on the
> title.
> Maybe it was an early 78 car sold as a 77?
> I didn't mean to correct your mk1/mk2 categories,
> you
> are correct in that manner, just adding a little
> spice to
> the post.

Don't worry. I'm not worried :)

> 16V bodykits came on non 16V cars? what years?
> Are these American models?
> Wow, so much for being able to size up the
> competition.
> Thanks for the heads up.
> -Randy

Some special edition 8V had kits (some by Kamei), some
Canadian 8V models had the kit. Nearly all European
models had them towards the end of production.

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)