Re: No go Scirocco! Help!

Tyler Zachau <Pennyz@mail.ieway.com> writes:
> How can I tell if the cats clogged? I've been planning on replacing
> the cat> with the TT non-cat downpipe anyways, so this might be a
blessing in
> disguise. Thanks guys!

My tool supplier sells an exhaust back pressure tester, it screws into
the O2 hole and the gauge will tell you if the exhaust is clogged or not.
It allows you to check it at idle and at 2500rpm and it's only $33.
This is much better than separating the exhaust and peeking in, because
in case the previous owner replaced the cat, the cat could look fine,
while old chunks could still be intemittently obstructing the flow in the
muffler.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car, TT "Race" downpipe and no legal
ramifications
'80 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco 16V
'83 GTI, daily driver

              To reply to the Scirocco list click here:
<mailto:thescirocco@juno.com,scirocco-l@scirocco.org>