plastic trim removal

Hi,

This is for a mk2 ('87)... there is a small triangle shaped "mound" near
the vent window on the doors. It is the little black plastic piece that
you have to stuff the door panel under to reinstall it. It's basically the
only 1 square inch piece of plastic that is there with the door panel off,
yet it is there with the door panel on as well. Know what I'm talking
about? I hope so. Anyway, the one on my passenger side is cracked and I
tried to go to a junkyard to get a replacement. Trouble is, I couldn't
figure out how it comes off. Granted, I didn't try very hard and it was
dark and rainy (great time for junking :), but I figured I'd take the easy
way out and ask if anyone knows how to get this piece off instead of
breaking mine completely off trying to find out. Any help would be
appreciated.

Also, the roughly triangular black plastic that goes between the side
mirror and the car body.... my driver side one has a chunk missing. I'd
like to fix it too, but is there any trick to getting this off? I haven't
tried yet.

Thanks,

-Toby

--