From: sjmill@erols.com (jonas miller)
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2000 9:01 AM
To: kevinc@flashcom.net; scirocco-L@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: 16v turbo [Motortechnik]

well let see, the way that i know the power went to the groud was the a quaife w
ith
bolt kit and he also had a set of bogart rims and a set of drag slicks....it wou
dl
hook up should be runnign around 11's  as for price it is very reasonable if you
think of qualitly of work , reliablity(also depends on owners doing maitence), a
nd
dependablility
there is a yellow turbo 16v rabbit tha runs around baltimore dont ever fu k with
that guy he has a similar setup, little story i was ont eh beltway doing about 9
0
in my old 84Gti adn he pulled up next to me waved downshifted and took off, he w
as
about 1.5 miles up the road beofre i could even depress the gas, it is a fast ca
and a very very fast and reliable motor

jonas

Kevin Collins wrote:

> Ian Pitts wrote:
>
> > Just so you guys know, Motortechnik makes a 16v Turbo system that cranks out
> > over 400hp. Just ask Francis (the owner) about it.. the problem is the price
.
> > Last I heard it was something like $15k. (race motor)
>
> Uh.. make that ONE problem is price.. the other is figuring out how the phuck
> to put that many horses to the ground through the cheesy 020 tranny, and once
> there, how to control it!  At that kinda number, I don't think a Quaife alone
> is gonna cut it!  :0
>
> --
> Kevin Collins
> '86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0
> '99 GTI GLX
> http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Factory/1780

Messages are scanned and cleaned by Sophos AntiVirus Software!