Mint Mk1 'S' Dash...How Rare

Hi Gang,

I recently scored a black crack-free Mk1 Dash.
Only problem is that its not an 'S' Dash. Has
a silver stripe across it. Not a huge deal, but
I prefer the clean look of the 'S' one. Can the
silver strip be tastefully removed or painted?
Its pretty fat so I doubt painting it would look good.
Does anyone want to trade me a mint S one for
mine + $$. Didn't think so. Guess I'll wait until the
spring to see if another comes up (not holding my breath)
before putting this one in...
Kareem
'81 Scirocco S
'88 Scirocco 16v