Re: sputter sputter sputter

I can think of a couple of things.  One is the cat.  Do you have one still?
When the cat clogs, you will feel definite sluggishness.  Since you didn't
metion pinging, I'll guess that it's not an ignition problem.  Well, maybe
the timing is too far retarded.  My last suggestions have to do with the
mixture.  One thing to try is disconnecting the O2 sensor.  If it runs
better without the sensor connected, then you probably need a new sensor.
16v oxy sensors are good for 60k miles.  Also, your fuel mixture could be
adjusted wrong.  It could be too rich.  You should see black tailpipe smoke
if it's running too rich.  When you open the throttle all the way, the
mixture is supposed to be enriched a little, but maybe your mixture is too
rich to start with.  Sounds like your differential pressure regulator is
working if you notice a difference when going to full throttle.

So to recap:
1. Clogged cat
2. Retarded timing
3. Bad oxy sensor