Re: 8v MK II - Removing AC

--- Ian Pitts <Ian_Pitts@g1.com> wrote:
> I'm looking to remove the AC in my 8v AutoX car. The
> problem seems to be that
> without the AC compressor pulley, the alternator
> pulley won't be in-line with
> the rest of the belts. From my cursory inspection,
> it appears that simply
> adjusting the mount location of the alternator is
> not possible.
>
> If any of you have removed the AC on your MKII 8v,
> how did you get the pulleys
> to all line up?

This has been covered many times on the list (should
be a FAQ).

Basically, what many of us do is get all the pulleys
(crank, WP, alt) and the alt bracket from a non-ac A1
car.

It also depends on which year MK2 you have as to what
you'll need.

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM