SV: Valve Cover Gaskets

Hello

> How many listers out there have tried the
> rubber Corrado valve cover gasket on their
> 8V's. I only know of one person who tried it
> and it leaked even worse than the cork one.

I'm have used it on my previous motor and the one I'm using now and it's far better than the cork style, you can reuse it and no sign of leaks.

> Any other ideas listers have tried to stop the
> valve cover from leaking?

Have straight sealing faces on the valve cover, rubber gasket and right torque when fitting the valve cover, to much and it kills your gasket. As a bonus you don't have to retighten when using the rubber gasket.

Roland Johansson, Swedish Viking
Scirocco 1,8T -82
Http://hem.passagen.se/toker